Some plays are separately published, but many are included in collections, either of work by ONE playwright, or anthologies of the works of various playwrights. The challenge is to find those plays that appear in anthologies.
1. Specific play (in the Library Catalog):
2. Genre or Nationality of plays (in the Library Catalog)
3. WORLDCAT: Remember that you can also search WorldCat for plays we don't have. Use the same kinds of searches you performed in the Library catalog.
1. BROWSE the Main Book Stacks in the call number PN2080. You'll find a number of collections of play scenes.
2. Search for scenes (in Library catalog)
3. Search for specific number of characters (in Library catalog)
4. Search Play Index for specific number of characters (Library's Reference Collection: PN1655 .P53x
NOTE: If you find a play listed in one of the sources below, check the Library catalog to see if we have the collection in which the play is published.
1. Play Index. A standard source for locating plays in collections, it includes English translations of foreign plays.
2. Ottemiller's Index to Plays in Collections
3. Drama Scholars' Index to Plays and Filmscripts