Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Thank you for volunteering to be a book in our human library. Without books, this library could not exist.
- Each book will have a volunteer in the zoom breakout room acting as the moderator and timekeeper as well as for support.
- Log in to Zoom at least 10 minutes before your session ( https://messiah.zoom.us/j/96671479363)
- Each time session will have a general welcome and then you will be moved into a breakout room with your moderator and readers. Please be patient as this process may take a few minutes.
- You have about 25 minutes to tell your story, leaving some time for questions from your readers.
- Be yourself. You have 25 minutes with your reader(s) so be open and honest as you tell your story
- Keep the conversation on the topic you chose. Reader(s) were intrigued with that story.
- Prepare to be a book, thinking about what you can cover in 20 minutes.
- If the conversation or questions go in a direction you are uncomfortable with, you can decline to answer or decide to end the conversation.
- Most importantly, enjoy the experience.
- Why did you choose my book?
- What surprised you most about my story?
- How has my story changed you?
Tips Provided with Help from F&M University and Gettysburg College