Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Deadline Alert: 10/24/2022 is the last day to register before the 11/08/2022 election.
I want to vote in Pennsylvania! Am I eligible?
You can register to vote in Pennsylvania if you are:
- A citizen of the United States for at least one (1) month before the election.
- At least 17 years old and will be 18 years old by the next election.
- A resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days prior to the election.
You have a choice of which address to use to register to vote:
- You can register and vote where you live while attending college in PA or at your prior home address, provided your family or guardian still reside there.
- If you are registering where you live while attending college in PA, you can use either an on-campus or off-campus address.
- You can only be registered in one place at a time.
PA Voter Registration Application (Online form)
PA Voter Registration Printable Form (PDF Download)
Check your PA Voter Registration Status
Register to Vote in Other States
When are the polls open on Election Day?
- The polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. If you are in line when the polls close, you are entitled to vote.
Do I need any identification (ID) to vote?
- Only voters who are voting for the first time in their election district need to show ID. Acceptable ID includes both photo and non-photo ID.
Acceptable photo IDs for first-time voters:
- Driver’s license, U.S. passport, military ID, student ID, employee ID, any ID issued by the U.S. government or commonwealth agency.
Acceptable non-photo IDs for first-time voters:
- Voter registration card, firearm permit, current utility bill, current bank statement, current paycheck, government check, or any non-photo ID issued by the commonwealth or federal government.
- Non-photo ID must have your address on it.
Polling place for Messiah University students
Polling Place Address for UPPER ALLEN, 2P
BOWMANSDALE CHURCH OF GOD, CE BLDG.
Voting by mail
- If you plan to vote using an absentee or mail-in ballot in the 2022 GENERAL ELECTION held on 11/08/2022, your completed application must be received in the county office by 5:00 PM on 11/01/2022. The deadline to return your voted absentee or mail-in ballot is 8:00 PM on 11/08/2022.
- Any qualified PA voter can request a mail-in ballot.
- If you are studying abroad and will be out of the country on Election Day, visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program Opens In A New Window for information on how to vote while abroad.
How to vote by mail
- Request your mail-in ballot
If you have a PennDOT ID or Social Security Number, request a mail-in ballot online.
- Return your mail-in ballot
When you get the ballot in the mail, mark it and send it back to your County Election Board or other designated location.
Find out which political party your views align with
The Pew Research Center offers the Political Typology Quiz to help determine which political party you agree with more often.
The quiz available from Isidewith allows you to see how your beliefs match each political party's views. As you progress through the quiz you are able to rank how important each issue is to you on a scale of one to five. In your results 'My Parties' will show how closely you agree with the various political parties. The 'My Ballot' tab will show the percentage of issues you agree on with the Candidates.
calls itself the " Encyclopedia of American Politics." This site is a one stop resource to a wide variety of campaign and political information at the national and local levels. The writers strive for a neutral perspective on issues.
Created by the Pennsylvania Bar Association, this site provides information on Pennsylvania's courts and judges.
"Vote Smart's mission is to provide free, factual, unbiased information on candidates and elected officials " - from website
Within the VoteSmart website you can find Voting records and positions they have taken on issues (Political Courage Test), search for a politician's name to find biographical and contact Information for them, campaign funding, and which groups have endorsed them.
OFFICIAL CANDIDATE INFORMATION
2022 GENERAL ELECTION
*Candidates ARE listed in ballot order.*
United States Congress : 10TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT
State Senate : 31ST SENATORIAL DISTRICT
State House : 87TH LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT