Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Murray Library looks forward to hosting events during the 2022-23 academic year. All events are free to attend, unless noted.
All Messiah Students and Messiah Employees are welcome to join us for these events
- Co-Hosted with the Office of Sustainability
- Friday, February 3
- Doors open at 6:45 and bingo starts at 7 PM
- 10 Rounds of Bingo with prizes for each round. All bingo supplies will be edible or biodegradable for a sustainable good time. Snacks provided!
Research Journeys: Discovering Family Migration Stories
- Wednesday, February 22, 5:40-6:10 PM
- Open to the public
- This panel presentation, sponsored by Murray Library and the Messiah University Archives will present global and local family history migration stories from Messiah educators and students. The discussion will highlight successes and challenges from the research journey, including the absence of evidence due to forced migration and colonization stories. The presentation will conclude with tips for how to begin your own research journey using online and print resources available through Murray Library.
- Part of the Messiah University Humanities Symposium
Mini Golf in the Stacks
- Friday, March 17
- Create a mini golf hole for this year’s Mini Golf in the Stacks on Friday, March 17. We are looking for some creative holes that show off what you are doing in your corner of campus - students can design holes that promote their major, clubs can show off what they have to offer or departments can let students know what opportunities there are for them. It’s truly up to you!
- Contact Kimberly Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your questions answered or to sign up to create a hole.
Inaugural Seed Library Lecture with Brandon Hoover
- Tuesday, March 21 - 5 PM
- Open to the public
- Brandon Hoover, Director of Sustainability, will provide an informative lecture on seed sovereignty around the globe and how self-sustaining practices benefit long-term sustainability efforts.
- This lecture launches Murray Library's new seed library which is open to the public.
Fueled by Failure: Student Edition
- Thursday, March 30, 6:30 PM
- A panel of students will share about some of the failures in their college careers and how God used those failures to bring them to new and better places.
5th Annual Human Library – Unjudge Someone
- Wednesday, April 5 - afternoon
- Immerse yourself in the pages of the books right in front of you. The 5th annual Human Library Project is where Messiah students, faculty and staff become open books, sharing their personal stories with readers. The Human Library™ is designed to build a positive framework for conversations that can challenge stereotypes and prejudices through dialogue. The Human Library is a place where real people are on loan to readers.
- Questions may be directed to Dr. Todd Allen, VP for Diversity Affairs, at email@example.com or to librarian Liz Kielley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration required to attend sessions as a reader. Sign-up link coming soon.
Exam Cram during Finals
- The library will be open late for extra hours of studying during finals. Look for fun and de-stressing activities throughout the library, including coloring pages and free, late-night snacks.
- Sunday, April 30: Open until 1 AM
- Monday, May 1: Open until 1 AM
- Tuesday, May 2: Open until Midnight
Take a look at the library’s past events and displays!