Library materials may be renewed once. The renewal period is the same length of time as the original circulation period. (e.g., if books circulate for 3 weeks, they may be renewed for 3 additional weeks).
Renewals can always be made by calling the circulation department (x3860) or by stopping by the circulation desk. Further, Messiah students and employees (only) may renew items online through the Murray Library catalog, provided the renewal request is initiated before the item's due date. To renew online, users must set up their library account.
Setting up your library account:
- From within the catalog, click on the My Account tab.
- Institution ID: key in your ID number which is located on your ID card. If you only have a six-digit ID number, please add two zeros at the beginning. For example, 00123456.
- After keying in your last name, click on OK.
Renewing Library Materials:
- Check the box next to each item you want to renew.
NOTE: If your materials are overdue, your account is automatically blocked. You will need to go to the Library in person in order to have your account unblocked.
- Click on "Request Renewal" button.
- New due dates will appear for those items that have been renewed.
NOTE: Items may only be renewed once.
- Renew your items